Are you wanting to elevate your baristas to the next level? Or are you simply looking to learn more about coffee yourself? We have a course tailored to your needs, with our expert trainers in all things coffee!
email email@example.com for more details or to book a course
The Big Barista Crash Course (2 Days)
- Date of your choosing excluding weekends.
- Private Course (Only 1 student with focused training time)
- R 6500 - 12 hours across 2 days.
This course covers the following:
- Understanding the basics of what impacts coffee brewing
- A cupping to explore the differences between coffees in taste and aroma
- Espresso Extraction Theory
- Practicals: Dialling in a grinder, how to extract espresso, how to steam milk, basic cafe drinks and how to make them.
- Espresso Machine cleaning and care
- Barista Assessment requiring a 80% pass
3/4-Day Cafe Barista Course (Groups of 3-4 students)
- R4500 per student, 6 hours per day
This course covers a more in-depth approach to understanding coffee from farm to cup, helping the barista find a better appreciation for the product they are working with and in turn hone their skills more fully. Here we will cover the following:
- Coffee Growing & Farming Practice and the Impact on the Cup
- A Basic Understanding of Roasting and the impact on the cup
- Sensory training & understanding
- Espresso Extraction Theory & practice
- The full cafe practical skills including, espresso extraction, milk steaming & latte art technique, brewing a manual brew for a customer, developing recipes for cafe drinks. Dialling in different coffees and how to adapt your recipes to make the most of unique profiles.
- Bar management and espresso machine cleaning skills as well as troubleshooting basic technical issues
- Basic Cafe Management Skills
- Barista Assessment requiring 80% to pass.
Home Barista Enthusiasts
- R1000 per person - 4 hours of home barista tips and tricks to brewing better coffee at home.
We will cover roast impact on brewing coffee, how to determine whether you have adequately dialled in a new coffee, understanding espresso extraction and milk steaming techniques and latte art.
Groups of up to 5.
Private Introductory Barista Course
- R1700 per person - 4 hours
A brief introduction to the history of coffee, coffee theory, extraction theory, sensory analysis, drink preparation, espresso/milk and manual brew coffee prep and tasting as well as a practical introduction into espresso making and milk steaming. Perfect for those wanting to learn more than the average coffee lover, gain a true insight into what makes coffee taste the way it does and how to get the best results from of your Espresso machine.
Maximum of 2 people per course.